About some ago I read this post on My Teenage Madness how we can spread the love. You can read it here. And you should definately read it.
She prompted everyone to do a little act of kindness and I can happily say I did mine. I messaged all my friends and near and dear ones about how I appreciate them being with me.
So I thought why not spread love by spreading smiles. And so these some actions which will surely help you spread some smiles.
1) Hold a door open for someone. Doing simply this you can see the warm smile on the other person’s face.
2) Pay for the person I line behind you. It doesn’t have to be a huge amount. You can pay for a newspaper if you’re standing in a newspaper vendor’s line.
3) Clean out all your old clothes and donate them to someone in need. They’ll feel more happy than when you received a expensive gadget.
4) Send a handwritten thank you card to someone who assisted you with something. Handwritren cards are the BEST!
4) Give a compliment about a waitress, waiter, sales clerk, etc. to his or her manager.
6) Compliment a stranger’s appearance. But be wise enough to not make them uncomfortable by passing weird remarks. Be genuine. If you liked the person’s bag. Tell them so.
7) Leave encouraging post-it notes in library books and other random places.
“Let your guard down. Talk to someone you don’t know straight from your heart. Compliment them. Don’t anticipate awkwardness. Just be you in that beautiful way only you know and give them the chance to smile and connect with you.”
8) Help an elderly person carry something.
9) Send flowers to someone anonymously. You can send them with your nane on it too. Either way, the person who receives them will feel awesome for the rest of the day.
10) Volunteer at a children’s hospital or a nursing home. I’m not telling you to volunteer on a level as Katniss did but you can definately send some time with those tiny ones.
11) Donate food to charity.
12) Take the time to teach someone a skill you know. But be sure to teach something good. Don’t roam around teaching sething that’s not useful. You get it, right?
13) Introduce yourself. Make new friends and feel welcome. This one’s not easy for me but I’ll try.
14) Buy house warming gifts for your new neighbours.
15) Come to the rescue. If you realise someone is sick, bring them some hot tea, etc.
16) Appreciate people the way they are.
17) Check up on someone who looks lonely.
18) Tell your boss, teacher or professor that he or she is doing a great job and that you appreciate what they’ve taught you.
19) If you overhear that it’s someone’s birthday, go out of your way to wish them a happy one.
“Love whoever is around to be loved.” – Kurt Vonnegut
20) Share your umbrella on a rainy day.
21) Offer your seat to someone when there aren’t any left.
22) Wave to a kid in the car next to you.
23) Remember people’s names and address them accordingly.
24) When you make eye contact with someone, smile.
25) Dance with someone who hasn’t been asked.
26) Call a stranger’s attention to a beautiful sunset or full moon.
27) Give words of encouragement towards someone’s dream however big or small.
28) Let someone else eat the last slice of pizza or cake.
29) Ask someone who enjoys cooking for a recipe.
30) Do a little something extra to make someone else’s life easier.
After just a few of these gestures you’ll feel as if you’re a whole different person. Just a little more kind and gentle. Just a little more happier.
And always remember “Your best friend was once a stranger too. Who knows if another one’s just a kind gesture away!”