It feels like ages since I’ve written something here. Instagram took most of my time in 2017 and blogging took the back seat. Clearly Instagram is faster than WordPress and since I started my writing account @rainflowerwrites I’ve been trying to write things that I’d love to read. Though I’m not very happy about the fact that I almost stopped blogging after August I’d try to improve this year.
I started interning since August and I now had a small window for activities other than studying. I’m studying to become a Chartered Accountant (CA) and it requires we intern under an existing CA for a period of three years. Going to work is no excuse for not blogging but I was not able to do much either. I read less books than I did in 2016, I started journaling and then stopped it midway and the book that I wanted to write made no progress.
2017 was the year of accomplishments and disappointments both, I achieved some things but neglected others as well. But it’ll not happen in 2018. (At least I hope so)
Let me state my goals for 2018 here so that there is this obligation to achieve them because I wrote them online:
- Blog more. I need to start blogging again. I could blog about any type of posts be it poems, short stories, articles, book reviews, discussions and motivational talks. This is the year to get out of our comfort zones.
- Write more. To blog more I’ll have to write more. I’ll be trying to find inspiration in the smallest of things and I’ll keep the creative juices flowing.
- Read more. And hopefully review more. Although I tried to read more in 2017 and bought books to increase my TBR (I bought 17 books and got 2 books as a gift. I also downloaded so many books on my Kindle that if it could it would be overflowing now.) I didn’t actually read them all. Or if I read them I didn’t review them right away. Bad habit.
- Journal more. I’d love to get back to journaling after suffering from an artist’s block. If you want to check out my journal : @vrushalipathak
- Be positive. I’ll try to positive this year and so I made a “Happiness Jar”. It’s basically a box (because I couldn’t find an actual jar) where I’ll write the things that made me smile or happy and mention the date below it. So when 2018 I can look back upon the things that were the highlights of the year.
Here is the detailed New Year Goals that I posted on my Instagram page: