“Love your success, it will not last forever.
Love your love you may lose it at any moment.”
Lord Ganesha is a elephant-faced Indian God and my favorite. Although I don’t play any favorites but He’s the one that listens to me when I talk to Him. It’s true. I close my eyes and simply pray to Him. And I ask Him a favor which is usually about people I know and (you can choose not to believe it but it’s true) almost every time I get my wish. Well, not every time. Just mostly.
And now for those who think “Why didn’t you wish for a million dollars kind-of-thing?” God answers the prayers which are free of selfishness. I’m not praying about me. I had my exams and I never prayed that He should pass me. I orayed that he should pass me if only I did good. And I’m not the most religious person you’ll meet but you need someone, right? Just don’t be selfish for a second when you pray to God.
And here’s a painting I did 3 years before and gifted to a friend.
Hey! If you looked at my website before, you would have noticed some changes. Some major changes!
I GOT A NEW HEADER!
I have been meaning to get a new makeover for my blog but let’s just say I was unsure about many things. (or scared) But after I read Analee’s post which is linked here, I thought about how easy it is to really just change.
And hence, as Analee suggested, I went to Canva’s website and just made a new header and related images for my blog.
You noticed my new post topic-changer thing?! Also my new theme is black and white. I wanted red and black but I guess red is too harsh on the eyes and you’d never come back to my website if I did so. So classic black and white it is…
Also I have a new “Let’s Chat” image. I want to interact with you more and thus I decided to have this image at the end of every post.
What do you think of my new blog theme and design? I wanted it to be slightly formal but slightly informal too. Do you like it? Don’t feel shy. Let’s communicate.
P.S. Look down. Yeah, that’s my new ‘sign off’ kind of thing.
P.P.S. Also I’ll be editing and deleting all the posts. Major changes on the way!
If you read the first part to this two-part series, you’ll know I took more time than intended to write the rest of the answers. Here’s the link to the first part, if you’re interested.
So let’s get started…
Q51: Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
A51: I think many, many years back. I’m immortal and so I don’t really remember it that well.
Q52: Do you think musicals are cheesy?
A52: I don’t really have an opinion on this. I saw a few musicals and they seemed okay.
Q53: Is Christmas stressful?
A53: We don’t celebrate it. I don’t hate Santa Claus. I’m an Indian. That’s why.
Q54: Ever eat a pierogi?
A54: I don’t even know what that is.
Q55: Favourite type of fruit pie?
A55: Never had one.
Q56: Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Q57: Do you believe in ghosts?
Q58: Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
Q59: Take a vitamin daily?
Q60: Wear slippers?
A60: No, I like to be barefoot.
Q61: Wear a bath robe?
Q62: What do you wear to bed?
A62: Whatever clothes I wore that day
Q63: First concert?
A63: Never went to one. Somehow I don’t like the idea of squishing yourself by a truck load of humans to listen to music. You can do that with an iPod.
Q64: Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
A64: Never been into any of these.
Q65: Nike or Adidas?
Q66: Cheetos Or Fritos?
A66: No one. I like Lays.
Q67: Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
A67: Sunflower seeds.
Q68: Ever heard of the group Tres Bien?
A68: No. But I know Tres Bien means ‘very good’ in French!
Q69: Ever took dance lessons?
A69: Yes. I used to go to dance classes when I was in 7th grade. Major hobby at that time;
Q70: Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
A70: Nothing particular. But it would be GREAT if he’s a bookseller!
Q71: Can you curl your tongue?
Q72: Ever won a spelling bee?
A72: Yes I remember once I participated when I was very very small. It was school level spelling bee. And I was one of the two finalists. And the final spelling was “symbol” and I knew the correct spelling, I swear. But I don’t know what came over me and I wrote “S-I-M-B-O-L” Epic face palm moment.
Q73: Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
A73: Yes. Many times.
Q74: Own any record albums?
Q75: Own a record player?
Q76: Regularly burn incense?
A76: My mother does.
Q77: Ever been in love?
A77: I don’t know, so probably no.
Q78: Who would you like to see in concert?
A78: One Direction? Just had them at the top of my head.
Q79: What was the last concert you saw?
A79: Never went to any.
Q80: Hot tea or cold tea?
A80: No tea. I don’t drink tea.
Q81: Tea or coffee?
Q82: Sugar or snickerdoodles?
A82: What are snickerdoodles?
Q83: Can you swim well?
A83: Nope. Swimming isn’t for me and I’m not for swimming. I went a swimming class for a month and learnt nothing except for how to hold my breath and how to dive awkwardly in a pool.
Q84: Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
Q85: Are you patient?
Q86: DJ or band, at a wedding?
A86: I’d prefer DJ.
Q87: Ever won a contest?
Q88: Ever had plastic surgery?
A88: Yes. And now my own parents don’t recognize me. (No, of course not! Don’t believe everything I say)
Q89: Which are better black or green olives?
Q90: Can you knit or crochet?
A90: I learnt to crochet six months back. And I made a phone case for my phone. It’s too embarrassing to post a picture of it. It’s ragged and somewhere the design changed completely. Just a novice’s work.
Q91: Best room for a fireplace?
A91: Living room.
Q92: Do you want to get married?
A92: I don’t know.
Q93: If married, how long have you been married?
A93: Not married.
Q94: Who was your High School crush?
A94: I won’t put his name, but a guy who I spoke to but then I stopped speaking to him. Still in love with him to this day.
Q95: Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
A95: Yes. Sometimes.
Q96: Do you have kids?
A96: No. I am basically a kid.
Q97: Do you want kids?
Q98: Whats your favorite color?
Q99: Do you miss anyone right now?
A99: Yes, too many people.
Q100: What ware you dressing up this Halloween?
A100: I don’t celebrate Halloween. Though I would’ve dressed up as a zombie. Or Captain America.
That’s all for this tag.
I’ll meet ya tomorrow with an update! (Shh..it’s a secret!)
I hated a book. I’m not going to take names here so don’t ask. I dislike other books but I hated this one. And I am too connected to books (both as a book with a story written in them and also books as in a collection of page binded together.) And so I couldn’t let the book go. I couldn’t sell it for money which was so much less than it’s actual worth. The time and effort the author took to write it.
And so I decided to just use it. Creatively.
And I decided to make a journal out of it. It is an advantage that I can paint and journal in a bounded book. No need of buying another expensive journal.
So here’s the first thing I painted after I got this idea. Wish me luck!😉
You can track my progress with this journal on my Instagram account: @vrushalipathak
I don’t write poems
Rhyming words are tough to find
I try anyway
Maybe something luckily would cross my mind
Now do you have any tip
To let me learn
The art of poetry
That I don’t find to be that easy
“Just keep writing”
Is the one tip I hear
And that’s what I’ve been doing
From the past one year
But now when I look back
I’m not that bad
Because I wrote a whole poem
In rhyming words. How’s that?
I just started learning how to use oil paints. They were a bit difficult at first, just like life was. There is absolutely no handbook or guide to use paints and to live life. I read many articles online in a bid to figure out just what I was missing. I couldn’t find a single article or video to teach me everything, from the start. I guess it doesn’t happen that way. You have to figure out everything yourself. Just like living life.
I lost hope and stopped searching for the answers (at this point I don’t even know what I’m talking about, painting or life!) Then I had a savior. One person solved my problems. She painted the most beautiful oil paintings and helped me to just do it. And same goes with life. There is a person, who can be anyone from your relatives to your friend to your lover. It doesn’t matter. What matters is that you find the way with them. It doesn’t necessarily have to be the ‘right’ way. Just the ‘right’ way for you. Either you’ll learn from lessons or gain something. And aren’t you gaining either way? And sometimes you wonder if they came in your life just to make you stronger or make you learn the lessons.
I almost started hating oil paints because I had to learn to apply two layers of paint. And the amount of drying time they took irritated me. I mean why couldn’t it take a little less time? But I forgot that oil paints were connected to our life. They are like the relationships we have. They are difficult and they require ‘time’. They require time to bloom, time to trust and time to really be.
And most of all I learnt that you have to let everything go. You can’t hold everything and expect to gain more. Just let it all go.
And I also learnt that both life and oil painting isn’t easy. You just have to practice and live it. No short cuts.
And I learnt how oil paints and life were similar.
I’m back. Officially.
I took the longest break from blogging (nearly 6 months) because I had to study for my exams which ended in mid-May but I had the longest slump ever and so I couldn’t even write a post, let alone a review. It’s been tough.
And as of now I don’t have access to a computer (mine being disfunctional) and so I had to post this through my phone. You know there was a time (the first year of my blogging) where I wrote everything and posted it from my phone and through the bad internet connection. And so I decided I could do that, again.
So I have to tell you the whole “One year improvement program”. It’s nothing you have heard of before because I just started it. I have been sitting at home, doing what I like from a month now and I thought about how I should improve myself as a person. You know, read books, research topics and learn stuff. Just IMPROVE.
And so this idea came into my mind. What if I give myself a year to do anything and everything to improve myself. It’s like I’m setting a goal for myself. A one-year goal. And at the end of the year I’ll assess what I did. Sounds good?
Now I decided to keep a check on monthly basis. So every 15th of every month I’ll be summarizing what new I did. And those of you thinking this is another name for the new year resolutions, yes in a way it is. And why didn’t I made new year resolutions instead? First of all, nobody follows them. It’s like everybody’s scared of the label of NY resolution. And secondly, I can’t wait 6 months to really improve. It happens from now. From tomorrow to be more precise.
And to make matters easy, I just thought of a few things to stress on and the things I want to achieve till next June.
1) Clean up the blog. Remove unwanted posts that are, let’s just say, embarrassing.
2) Write more posts. And post them.
3) Read books but don’t forget to review them.
4) Do at least 15 acts of kindness.
5) Read and learn the specifics of English language. Basically just read everything.
6) Comment words of appreciation in 20 YouTube videos.
7) Encourage and inspire at least one person.
8) Draw and paint at least 15 drawings without any reference. Just your imagination.
9) Do plien air drawings. Basically just sit outside and draw on spot.
10) Post your drawings on your blog. Mark your progress.
11) And exercise.. that’s important.
12) Learn how to end lists in even numbers.
This list is not just it. The more I learn, the more I gain.
So if there are people who are thinking of doing this, let me know. We’ll keep updating each other.
That’s all for today. I have to wake up early tomorrow!
And here I am in the brand new year telling you about myself- a) even when you never asked for it in the first place and b) I love some self-promotion. I saw this tag on Chocolatesnwafflesblog and here’s a link to it.
So let’s get started!
- Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? I am not someone with OCD but really who sleeps with their closet doors open? I will never do that. And also after watching Conjuring, I bet anyone would do that.
- Do you take the shampoo or conditioner bottles from hotels? Yes! Shamelessly yes! Because they are too good to let go and when we pay for the room we pay for them, right? (I’m probably trying to convince you that I am NOT A STEALER and this is not a sin in case you wanted to try it out!)
- Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in? I sleep without tucking them in because I feel trapped and not at all comfortable. And I need to keep my one foot out of the sheets (weird habit).
- Have you ever stolen a street sign before? Not really interested in stealing street signs.
- Do you like to use post-it notes? I do like them but I don’t use them. That often.
- Do you cut out coupons but never use them? No.
- Would you rather be attacked by a bear or bees? Attacked by a bear. I think I may have a little chance to outrun the bear but the bees, oh no no, THEY ARE DEADLY!
- Do you have freckles? No
- Do you always smile for pictures? Well most of the time. I don’t want to look back at my pictures with me not smiling and just sulking around. I did that a lot when I was little. Sometimes I wouldn’t even remember I had to smile when someone takes a picture and then I look like someone scolded me just a second before running and taking my picture.. And I quote “Sometimes, it depends on who is behind the camera. Smile or not, I always look bad on pictures, so I avoid them as much as possible.” So true.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? That I dislike people who are rude. There is enough unhappiness in this world and I don’t want anyone to be more unhappy than that. Also I don’t really like people who seem disinterested in a conversation. Like if you aren’t interested just sit in a room and lock yourself instead of listening to someone you aren’t even listening in the first place!? *rant over*
- Do you ever count your steps when you walk? No I don’t. But it happens sometimes that unconsciously I count them.
- Have you ever peed in the woods? Actually I have.
- What about pooped in the woods? I don’t think so.
- Do you ever dance when there is no music playing? Yeah sometimes (when no one’s watching) I usually know the song in my head and when I feel too bored to plug in the earphones, I dance without it. And I read a quote somewhere that goes something like this “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who couldn’t hear the music.”
- Do you chew your pens and pencils? Unconsciously yes, sometimes. But I stop when someone scolds me for it.
- How many people have you slept with? Just myself.
- What size is your bed? Medium, I think. I don’t know the bed sizes but I seem to fit so it’s good.
- What is your song of the week? If ain’t love by Jason Durulo.
- Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Yeah, it’s okay. I won’t ever judge a guy based on the COLOR he wears. I could judge him by his clothes no the exact color.
- Do you still watch cartoons? YEAH! Cartoons are fun and cool and I will never be ashamed of watching cartoons!
- What’s your least favorite movie? I really have to think about it. And after thinking I’d say Girl Next Door. I tried watching it several times but the whole concept is too weird for me and the actors also seem like they don’t know how to act properly. (No offence!)
- Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had any? I’d spend a little and bury the rest in a SECRET SPOT. You thought I was going to tell you?
- What do you drink with dinner? And sometimes cold drink, when my family’s mood is good.
- What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Tomato sauce!
- What is your favorite food? PIZZA!!!
- What movies could you watch over and over again and still love? There is probably a whole list containing a hundred movies and some of them are – any Marvel movie, Made of Honor, Eat Pray Love, Jurassic World, any Chris Evans’, Chris Pratt’s, or Chris Pines’s movie
- Last person you kissed/kissed you? I haven’t kissed anyone from months! I have been staying home or studying to see any cute babies!
- Were you ever a boy/girl scout? Not that I wasn’t interested, but the boy/girl scout thing isn’t very popular here. (here = India)
- Would you ever strip or pose naked in a magazine? No way! They want to showcase my talent? Fine! I’d never do anything that doesn’t feel good to me.
- When was the last time you wrote a letter on paper? In March 2016, I decided to write a handwritten letter to the people that were very close to me in school and give them that as a token of my love and remembrance. So yeah that’s the thing. And another letter I wrote to myself so that I would open it and read it again after 1 year. A letter to my future self.
- Can you change the oil on a car? I really don’t go near a car because I always feel I’ll have an accident when I’ll try to drive it and probably damage the car. It is just stuck in my head. I mean I go near a car when I have to sit in it but I don’t drive and so that is a thing I don’t know.
- Ever got a speeding ticket? Not even when I drive a two-wheeler.
- Ever ran out of gas? Not out of gas but once I was on my two-wheeler and I was supposed to reach somewhere and I knew I was 5 minutes late and then suddenly I felt the accelerator loosen in my grip and the vehicle stopped working. And it was the first time that something like this happened to me and I was in the middle of the road, probably on the verge of crying but then I walked to the place I wanted to go and then came back later for my two-wheeler.
- Favorite kind of sandwich? CHEESE SANDWICH! Anything with cheese in it.
- Best thing to eat for breakfast? Bread and omelette. I was not a big fan of it some time back but then one day I was eating it with some cheese and tomato sauce and I saw this brilliant white light from above and I have loved it ever since. Well, it may or may not have happened that dramatically.
- What is your usual bedtime? I usually got to sleep at 11 pm, and sleep comes to me at 12. And I try to wake up before 8am.
- Are you lazy? I AM! And often I procrastinate so much that I don’t get any work done till the last day!
- When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? We don’t really celebrate Halloween here.
- What is your Chinese astrological sign? I just checked. Mine is an OX. Not very pleasing. But it means I am – Loyal, reliable, thorough, strong, reasonable, steady, determined.
- How many languages can you speak? My first language is Marathi (a language spoken in Inida), Hindi (another language spoken here), English, a little bit of French I learnt in school.
- Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Unfortunately no. I can read all the magazines for free on my mobile.
- Which are better, LEGOs or Lincoln logs? I don’t know what Lincoln Logs are. So LEGO…
- Are you stubborn? Yes I am. In matters where I think I am right and I don’t hurt anyone.
- Which is better Leno or Letterman? I don’t know what they are.
- Ever watch soap operas? My mother watches and so I have to.
- Are you afraid of heights? No
- Do you sing in the car? I sing when there is no one to hear me because I’m a terrible singer to the point where you might faint hearing me singing. Don’t say I never warned you!
- Do you sing in the shower? Sometimes.
- Do you ever dance in the car? I dance and sing together.
- Ever used a gun? Fake gun? Yeah. Real gun? Are you kidding? Also if you’d like to read the remaining 50 questions, you’ll have to wait.